So, it has been a while since I last updated the blog and there are a few reasons for this:
- I was working on my Master’s Thesis like a damn crazy person trying to get it finished so I could graduate in May or August, I did not finish it in time, I am hoping to defend it in a month.
- Summer arrived and so the chaos of summer began, I had work, then I went to the U.K. and Ireland (photo above taken in Northern Ireland), then a wedding in New Hampshire, followed up the next weekend by a wedding in Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
- I am in the middle of background checks for security clearance at a new job, not to mention I had to take some written exams, physical tests and loads of different random interviews. This involved me driving hundreds of miles once a week or more from July 15-August 21.
- Summer came, and despite the fact that I am no longer a kid and get summer’s off, they always end up being incredibly busy! I get easily distracted, I want to swim, paddle board, surf, hike and enjoy the nice weather. Well, nice being a relative term given I live in a desert and it has been unusually hot this year. 50+ consecutive days of over 90 degree weather broke records and the highest temperature in 71 years was recorded at the local airport this summer. The heat didn’t stop me from enjoying the lakes and trails though.
- I am not great at keeping up with blogs, I have ADHD and I may have forgotten I had a blog for a short period. I didn’t mean to, but this kind of thing happens.
The good news is the summer is ending and things are slowing down and now I have a ton of blogging and book reviewing to get done. Check out my “list of books” to see what I have been reading since I last updated!
Only 17 days left of summer! Enjoy it before it becomes Fall, my favorite season of the year!